Hi Thierry,

On 31.03.2011 11:07, Thierry Ernst wrote:
> I fail to see why a VIN would be mapped to an IPv6 address as much as I
> fail to see why a passport number would be mapped to an IPv6 number. As

There may be scenarios where it may be useful to uniquely address
a particular car, e.g., for (remote) diagnosis, remote unlocking
services etc. However, doing this by statically mapping the VIN to an
IPv6 address (either into the IID part or the network prefix part)
is for several reasons not a great idea.

> Such an idea is going against location privacy. To address the location

Yep.

Regards,
 Roland