Hi George,

On 31.03.2011 11:16, George Michaelson wrote:
> I don't think "go away" is the right answer. I think "your model has
> flaws" is closer.

Yep. Given the huge IPv6 address space, some manufacturers are tempted
to use the IPv6 address as identifier.

> The key message is that if they apply for patents in it (BMW) they
> clearly see dollar-signs and its very hard to trump money.

I'm not speaking for BMW nor defending them,
but maybe it's not the $$$ directly rather than the
usual patent competition between vendors:
they probably wanted to have filed something before any
other vendor, so that they can have a royalty free
negotiation later on...

Regards,
 Roland