Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 12 May 2011 09:23:20 -0400
Thomas Narten <nar...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Ole,
>
> Getting back to some of your other points...

> However, I do not see evidence that the WG has changed its thinking
> and would now be willing to make implementation of DHCP a SHOULD.

I think it would be reasonable to make DHCP a SHOULD, however
I've thought that one of the reasons SLAAC exists is to provide
simpler and lighter weight address configuration method for resource
constrained end-nodes such as embedded ones. So perhaps it could be
worth mentioning that an example of an exception to the SHOULD would be
those types of end-nodes.

Regards,
Mark.