Mark and Mikael,

That's just how ISATAP works when the advertising
ISATAP routers do not advertise on-link IPV6 prefixes.
However, the advertising ISATP routers can also send
ICMPv6 Redirects - which is really still in keeping
with your characterization of "traffic sanitiser".

> I agree, that's the deployment model I advocate for hostile
> scenarios. Use
> DHCPv6 for stateful addressing, advertise default GW via RA, don't
> advertise any on-link prefix,

That's exactly the model I had in mind for ISATAP.

> and make sure hosts can't L2
> communicate at
> all with each other by means of enforcement in switches (or
> just separate
> them into different L2 domains).

This would certainly enforce a true hub-and-spokes,
but may be overly restrictive in some environments.
For example, if a host has a way of knowing at L2
that a packet has come from a trusted router and not
an anonymous node on the link then there may not be
such a strong requirement for L2 segregation. ISATAP
provides such a means.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com