In addition, let me point out about aeronautics for which there exist IPv6 addressing scheme (the SANDRA project has delivered such a scheme but I don't know if it is public (yet or ever going to).

Regards,
Thierry.

On 27/09/11 17:23, Ray Hunter wrote:
Who are we trying to kid about there being no need for a connection to the Internet?

FYI A consortium in the Netherlands have just announced a scheme that is planning to link in-car navigation systems with traffic control and information systems, and also public transport systems, so that if there's a traffic jam and it is going to be faster to take the train than drive, the car driver will be redirected to the nearest train station. The system should even being able to reserve a car parking spot on the fly in advance. They expect a prototype in October. The idea being that coordinated transport reduces the need for infrastructure spending. And I know of at least one group who have been experimenting with car-car and car-infra communication.

regards,
RayH

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:36:31 +0200
From: Roland Bless<roland.bl...@kit.edu>
To: 6man<ipv6@ietf.org>
Subject: Centrally assigned "ULAs" for automotives and other
    environments

Hi,

it seems that there is currently not much interest in ULA-Cs (centrally
assigned ULAs). I came across several use cases, where manufacturers
(e.g, those of cars, airplanes, or smart metering environments)
would need internal/closed IPv6-based networks (maybe only for internal
control and management), that have no connection to the Internet.

  Roland