On 9/28/11 19:09 , Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Dan Wing <dw...@cisco.com> wrote:
>> It's too bad computer science is not a science, or we would actually
>> look at the past, and this mistakes that were made, to build tomorrow's
>> systems.  ALGs were a mistake.
>
> I like algs for some things but agree with dan here... and the larger
> point is really: "Plan for your thingy to live on the open internetz,
> else you will fail/pay later."

the traditional assumption that one can build scada systems with soft
gooey centers and everything would be a-ok due to algs proxies and
airwalls was always a bit shaky, it's only mater of time before that
bites us in a visceral fashion.

this little gem has been making the rounds, and while I find it a bit
silly it's worth a second glance.

https://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/16696-FACT-CHECK-SCADA-Systems-Are-Online-Now.html