In your letter dated Sat, 28 Jan 2012 20:41:18 -0300 you wrote:
>That said, nobody is *introducing* atomic fragments.They should have
>been supported for more than 15 years, and there is other stuff
>(mentioned by Dan Wing at others) that would break without this.

Currently, atomic fragments are rare.

You can easily see that many DNS servers are not doing any kind of PMTUD.
They just fragment at 1280.

What RFC-2460 effectively says is that if you are not doing PMTUD, then each
and every outgoing packet has to be an atomic fragment.

I'm not seeing that on todays IPv6 network. So that would be completely
new.