Not sure how fantastic (or not) it is - it is not immediately clear to me how
tied MLE should be to RPL - if it truly aims at being for _MESH_ link
establishment, then it would appear to be a much larger scope, and should not
be tied narrowly to a special-purpose protocol's type-space (& conventions
etc., that do not apply universally).

I guess I'm expressing some sort of support for Don's position...

--
Thomas Heide Clausen
http://www.thomasclausen.org/

"Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are held to
 discuss it."
   -- Mitchell's Law of Committees