Hi Thomas,

As Don said, the intent is that MLE not be tied to RPL and that
it be submitted as an AD-sponsored submission.  I have spoken
with Ralph about it on several occasions.  We both would have
preferred that MLE go through a WG, but there doesn't seem to be
an appropriate one.  If MLE were intended for use exclusively
with ROLL (or MANET or 6LoWPAN), this wouldn't be an issue.

Ralph and I discussed it again yesterday, and decided to go with
an AD-sponsored submission.  My plan was to add some clarifications
to the draft before announcing it to the usual suspects (6lowpan,
MANET, ROLL).  This thread jumped the gun by a day or two.

                                  -Richard Kelsey