>> Actually, my motivation is NOT to sell this mechanism to anyone. My
>observation is some network operators, both ISPs and enterprise network
>operator, has such address plan, or already in use. We, as IETF, cannot stop
>them. So, we should document and analyze this mechanism. This should give
>some information to these who have not made their address plan yet on
>whether they may follow or not.
>
>Sheng, are those ISPs and enterprises already contributors within the IETF?
>Can you say any more about who these are, and examples of the semantics
>actually being deployed?  I assume China Telecom and Deutsche Telekom are
>two of them.

Hi, Tim,

Actually, in the appendixes there are one example for ISP and one for
enterprise. The example for ISP (Appendix A) is mainly abstracted from China
Telecom's address plan. As far as I know, China Telecom and China Mobile have
very similar address plan. Deutsche Telekom's plan has much more complicated
semantics, which I personally think has bigger technical gaps to become
deployable. The enterprise example (Appendix B) is abstracted from an ongoing
project that connect all video monitors in a big city and their real-time video
into an IP intranet.

>As you say, at the moment the draft reads as a proposal, rather than an
>analysis of something already in use.  Some concrete examples may help.

I guess the introduction and abstract sections have to be rewritten for better
explanation. It is now misleading so much.

Thanks,

Sheng