On Jun 1, 2013, at 8:42 AM, Owen DeLong
<o...@delong.com<mailto:o...@delong.com>> wrote:
The second one sounds like it gets pretty dysfunctional if you have downstream
routers with downstream routers.

There's no such thing, unless you think home nets are transit nets.   If you
mean what if the network is multihomed, and the edge routers for the two
providers are topologically separated, that's no problem at all, because the
prefix distribution trees are independent.   I explained this in a message to
the homenet mailing list a while back—nobody's written it up in a draft because
the homenet guys are more keen on ZOSPF, for which I'm pretty sure there's a
draft either with Jari's or Ole's name on it.