On Jun 6, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Lorenzo Colitti
<lore...@google.com<mailto:lore...@google.com>> wrote:
Like almost everything things in engineering, it's a cost/benefit tradeoff.
This discussion about "not enough bits" is simply attempting to quantify some
of the costs involved. I keep harping about it because the cost is NOT zero,
and I think the document should cite that cost and compare the costs/benefits
to alternative approaches like using DSCP (which *does* have zero cost in
addressing). We do that analysis, we write it down, and then we can decide if
it's a good idea or not.

Argh.   I don't think anybody ever said that there was no cost to these bits,
and I agree that the cost should be discussed.   So I guess we've been arguing
over a nonexistent disagreement!   :|