+1

So "subnet" is not the right term. I think "network" as Ralph wrote is fine but if the disassociation with network addressing needs to be clear, why not use the term "domain"? After all, trickle-mcast talks about MPL Domains. I appreciate it may have some pre-established connotations but from an abstract definition point of view, "domain" seems eligible enough.

Robert