Inline.....

How about "IPv6 Fragmentation Considered Ineffective for End-to-end Transport"?

> > Deprecation
> > ===========
> > All instances of the word "deprecate" should be removed from the
> document. Therefore:
> > -- The document should not request any IANA actions
> > -- The document doesn't UDPDATE 2460
> > -- The document doesn't need to be PS. BCP is good enough
> >

> > Recommendation
> > ===============
> > The Recommendation section should be renamed "Conclusion". It should
> include the following statements:
> >
> > - The IETF SHOULD NOT standardize an new protocols that rely on IPv6
> > fragmentation
> > ---*New* applications and transport layer protocols SHOULD support
> > effective PLMTUD [RFC4821] since ICMP-based PMTUD [RFC1981] is
> > unreliable
> > --*New* applications or transport layer protocols that cannot support
> effective PMTUD MUST NOT in any circumstances send IPv6 packets that
> exceed the IPv6 minimum MTU of 1280 bytes.
>
> I'm a little concerned by this. I understand it, I think, but ...
>
> So, then the IETF should not standardize RTP or any protocol (voice,
> video, ...) that uses it, because RTP relies on its application to
> manage frame size, and we can't say specifically what the codec will
> do? s/RTP/UDP/?

Thinking a little more about it, RTP and UDP aren't the real culprits. The
culprits are the applications that run over them. So, we should limit our
statement to applications, and not "applications and transport layer protocols".

                                          Ron