Oswald Buddenhagen via isync-devel <isync-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
writes:

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2024 at 03:09:58PM +0000, Johan Parin via isync-devel wrote:
>>I have a setup at work where the company is using MS Exchange +
>>OAUTH2. I use DavMail to deal with OAUTH2 and then mbsync to connect to
>>DavMail. As MUA I use notmuch.
>>
>>This was working OK for a while I think but then I started noticing
>>messages missing locally. [...]
>>
> there is nothing obviously wrong with your config, except that davmail
> is known to be a total pita. even though exchange imap is also a PoS,
> you still should have better luck with it if the server is configured
> to allow it; how-tos regarding oauth2 can be found in the list archive
> (a patch with a high-quality writeup and required scripts that can be
> included upstream would be appreciated).

I will search the archive for this. But previously in my research most
tools would require you to actually acquire some tenant / client ID and
I do not have authoritiy to do that. So what I'm doing is I have copied
the settings from Evolution (including tenantID) from Linux users in the
company (as Linux & Evolution is a supported configuration in our IT
policy), so I pretend I'm using Evolution.

I realize DavMail isn't the ideal setup and I want to get rid of it.

But right now I just want to get to a working setup, loosing a lot of
mail is not acceptable so if this continues I may be forced to (dread)
switch to Outlook.

Again, what would work is if mbsync would just mirror locally whatever
is on the server and never propagate anything up, never delete
anything. Would there be a setup to help me do that?

If I want to do a total mirror now of everything on the server how
could I do that?

How about

  Sync Pull
  Expunge None

Any manipulataion of the .mbsyncstate files? Remove .mbsynctstate?

Again I just want to reach a state where I have a mirror locally of
what's on the server and that messages are then never deleted locally.

/Johan