Sr. Miguel wrote:
> I have an eye on the iTextsharp forum also, to see if Paulo will say
> something about that :)

OK.

> However, and maybe Leonard can answer this if he read it, I donĀ“t know
> if changing a PDF extended form with non Adobe tools will be or not a
> licence violation.

I don't know for sure, but iText doesn't change the original form.
It doesn't decrypt/encrypt the 'signature' that 'enables' the form.
All iText does, is adding extra information at the end of the file,
as described in the PDF Reference.

Adobe may consider this as a loophole, just as they considered posting
a form to a server on the localhost from Adobe Reader as a loophole.
They 'fixed' the 'localhost' threat by changing the EULA of Reader.
They could also 'fix' this loophole by making sure newer versions of
Adobe Reader consider Reader Enabling to be broken for updated PDFs.

That's entirely up to Adobe.

> Definitly, Adobe needs a library like iText in their LiveCycle solution,

If Adobe needs a library like iText, 1T3XT BVBA will be happy to sell
them an OEM license for iText; but my friend and former colleague Dries
Buytaert (from Drupal) 'stole' Adobe's VP of Sales and Marketing, Jeff
Whatcott, before I could make a deal with Adobe. I met Jeff Whatcott
twice last year and just when I was going to pop the question, I learned
that he was leaving Adobe for Acquia :(

Also, I don't have that much energy to do business since my son is ill.
best regards,
Bruno