Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> I am not talking about a nightly build.  I know I said that originally,
> but I misspoke, and clarified on a later post.
>
> I mean a 'nightly snapshot', a tgz or zip of the CVS to make it easy for
> people to grab a copy of what we are working on and play w/ it without
> having to get a CVS client.  In many places, such 'foreign software' is
> verboten by corporate IT departments, and just getting a tgz or zip is
> so much easier.

You think I am missing what you are saying.  I think that you are missing
what I am saying.  Lets start over.

Gump does a daily cvs extract.  Runs a bunch of builds.  Runs a bunch of
tests.  Posts the results for all to see.

I am quite willing to combine together input from various sources to
produce a snapshot to your specifications.

My two cents is that it actually is better for the snapshot to actually
match what is posted.

My motivation is that I want to increase the number of people who actually
care about Gump reported failures.

I presume that you have an assumption that the snapshot matches bit for bit
what is in a single cvs module.  My presumption is only that it can be
produced without requiring human intervention.

My offer to upload binaries to your specifications still stands.

- Sam Ruby