Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Ok.  Just to be clear, the issue that got this started was :
>
> " 2)  jakarta-commons/build/lib
>
>       contains common jars used for building."

Perhaps that's the issue for you.

> And isn't this a bit much to avoid putting an Ant jar in the top level
> directory of jakarta-commons' CVS?

Sigh.

I still maintain that you are missing what I am saying:

   Can you quote an e-mail on this thread where I have objected to putting
   an Ant jar in the top level directory of jakarta-commons?  In fact, I
   think I have gotten out of my way to indicate that what I am trying to
   discuss is *not* related to that issue.  [should you ever ask my opinion
   on that subject, I will simply indicate that I will never use that jar,
   and that I don't believe that the top level directory is the right place
   for it anyway]

Back to the topic that I would like discuss:

   I would like to upload daily a set of files which are useful.  I am
   willing to aggregate, subset, or otherwise produce files which maximizes
   their usefulness.

Now, can we begin a discussion as to what would be maximally useful?  Let
me start:

   I believe that a snapshot of *just* the sources of cactus, combined with
   the exact versions of the dependent jars needed to produce what you see
   posted on the gump site would be useful to some.  That way if Gump
   reports an error, you can download and unpack a single file and
   reproduce it.  Does anybody else think this would be useful?

- Sam Ruby