Vincent Massol wrote:

> I'd like to know if we could put Cactus v1.0 beta 2 on the Jakarta download
> pages (i.e. binary page and source page) ?

I don't think the intent is to put every release of every component
there.  We *should* put commons on the download page, though.

> What was the plan ? That every component could advertise there or rather
> have a global Commons package (which I don't think makes any sense from a
> user point of view : "I may want to use the collection component but have
> nothing to do with cactus"). However putting small separate component
> releases on the main binary and source pages is probably not going to work
> either, unless the said component reach a given size (which Cactus may
> already have ?).
>
> So we could just put a link to Commons with no version number which will
> link to www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release ?

I think a single link like that makes sense in the long run.  For now
though, why not point it to cactus?

It's a beta, right?

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]