RE: [Vote] Vote for a new Cactus committerHi,

[You'll soon regret to have put HttpClient in commons .... :-) ]

Why ? If you want to do most of my maintenance job, that would be cool. I
will only really complain if you want to change the API ;-)

Is it possible to write a very simple tutorial (one page) that shows how to
use HttpClient ?
by looking at the source and the TestMethods.java test, I guessed it is used
in the following manner (for example - this is of course a minimal example)
:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.startSession("host", 80);
GetMethod method = new GetMethod();
client.executeMethod(method);

// Manipulate response through the method object
method.getData() or method.getDataAsString()

method.setPath("some path");
client.endSession();

Yes, we can.

Remy