Jon Stevens wrote:

>> Case in point.  You are complaining about a common build system.  I have
>> one.  Where's the patch?
>
>A common build system that is built on top of every one else's build system.

There must be a subtle point that you are trying to make that I'm missing.
I've build a common build system on top of Ant.  I personally use it
instead of the various other build systems (consisting of shell scripts and
property files and whatnot) that other people have built on top of ant.

>A long time ago, I thought you were going to create a system that also
>generated the build.xml files. Where's the code?

That doesn't sound familiar.  What I have created is a system which
generates build.sh and build.bat files.  Could that be what you were
thinking?

You can find that code at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/.

- Sam Ruby