You can see this as Ant GUMP which does this. The generated build.xml are
just wrappers around the real build.xml file in the project.

The wrapper is doing the depdency checking (autogenerated from the project
definition) and calls the build.xml with the appropriate classpath and use
the build.sysclasspath=only property of Ant so that nothing can be done to
hack the build and add some mysterious dependencies (ie don't trust the
developer).

It works nicely and I set up the nightly build like this in my company.
It has some weaknesses that would be interesting to address in Ant (ie the
classpath to run Ant and tasks introduce libs that might not allow to detect
a dependency problems in the project definition)

I don't think that we can decently generate build files. However there are
certainly things that can be done to generate dependencies checking and
build classpath.

Maybe we also need to introduce a real concept of "dependencies" into the
Ant core and provide an entry point.

--
 Stéphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France