OK, it's time for me to come down off the fence.

I'm convinced that some of our components require logging.  I'm not
convinced that most committers will support Log4J, even though it's my
personal choice.  In fact, I see dissention within my own projects.  Remy
doesn't want Log4J statements in the HttpClient code, but Dirk voted against
the Logging component.  Sigh, can't we all just get along?

Although I wish it was not necessary, it seems like if the Logging component
gets voted down, we'll end up with no logging at all, not Log4J logging.  I
think that the Logging component is a reasonable abstraction, and I can't
stand by and watch logging itself disappear.  So I have to give the Logging
component +1.

- Morgan