> <aside> About namespaces: should procedures functions be named like:
>
> device_function()
>
> or as:
>
> function_device()

I mostly see device_function() and it seems more logical (at least for me). 

> All oldskool junk can be tossed.  But line/postition procedures
> should be explained better. I switch between a 16 and 20 char LCD and
> it is confusing.
> Also, lcd_clearscreen should set cursor at the first position.

OK. 

> No, no. Because it is a matter of principle.

OK. I agree here, I was just thinking that if it's too long, too much work, we 
could skip this for later. 

> > Will we never have more than one lcd attached to a PIC ?
> No, but we will have different ones. I do so now.

I know by experience (and I'm sure you know too) that "never" will happen. So 
having the same type of lcd used twice on a same PIC is possible. Let's 
assume we can live with the fact this case won't be handled (hey Joep, do you 
see my magical trick again here ?...)

> > About 4.: please advise ! Richard's lib has nice high-level procedures
> > (lcd_time, lcd_date,lcd_progress, ...). Maybe we could extract them to
> > another lcd lib, so people can decide to include it or not.

> Another lib. An LCD lib is used quite early in the learning process
> [...]
> Everything else should go in a separate lib.

I think we all agree here to extract what can be extract from Richard's lib, 
into format.jal, print.jal or lcd_util.jal (proposal), whatever other needed 
files. We will also not forget to put Richard as author or adapted-by field ! 
Richard, is this ok for you ?

> > About 5.: jalv2 2.4h has introduced new pragmas not to generate
> > return, but
> > goto instead, which may be useful here to save some stack.
>
> I can help with that, but we need to agree on 1..4 first.

I think we all agree on 1..4, right ? About new pragmas, I think we could do a 
lot of improvements, though I think it's better to consider them for the next 
release. But if it can help here, on this extreme case (IIRC lcd is a gruudy 
stack eater), it's worth it. 

I'd like to help on this, and could do the refactoring stuff, but I still 
don't have any LCD (whatever the type), so I couldn't test it. I'm also on 
the jallib script wrapper right now, and soon and test results page (Joep ?). 
Anyone here could handle 1..4 ?

> You're the Benevolent Dictator, you have our answers. Make a decision.

:)

I got your answers, you have my decision :)))


Cheers,
Seb
-- 
Sébastien LELONG
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to