> OK, I'll add this feature. When a test file has a "@jallib skip-auto" tag,
> then the script will skip automatic generation sample from it.
Thanks1

> That's a whole discussion again... What about this 1% ? Should we forget
> them ? Let's have 100%, with documented samples (level1 is easier than
> level0).
This is realy 1%; that is - I can't think of a situation but somebody
will. And who understands that it can be done in i2c and not with the
level1 lib is also able to (and probably will) reverse engineer the
library.

> The more I think about this, the more I think that, *for now*, Bert's
> starterpacks are for newbies, and jallib for users who want to get a step
> further into jalv2, microcontrollers, and actually want to understand more
> details. Just a thought...
>
> Oh, just another one thought: remember the "ez" libs ? Maybe we could work
> on this and provide an "ez" way to use jallib, less flexible, but easier
> (and maybe funnier).
>
Two related thoughts:
- Bert's starterspack is in some way a competitor of jallib. And of
course with many books sold in different countries, Bert needs to keep
the interface unchanged. If we found a way to support the examples in
Bert's book with jallib, we give users an upgrade path and if we do
this properly, Bert might join us (he is is in the business of writing
books, not maintaining libraries).
So maybe we could create a compatibility lib for Bert's starterpack?

- I think it is better to make the libs as easy as possible to use
then to create other libs. I find it difficult to maintain all the
files we have already.
I2c level1 is a full featured and easy to use lib (at least I think so ;).
We could make the use of some libraries more easy. For example, the
serial lib has an option to use SPI (I'm not sure if that's realy the
SPI device of maybe synchrone usart use. I'n not even sure that it
still is functional, but let's asume it is). We could add a statment
in the lib that checks if this constant is defined and if not, we
could do so and set it to async.
Similar, we could add more defaults to the libary. Easy for simple use
but all features remain present.

Joep

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to