Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to review and for your constructive
criticisms.  I have two main goals in programming:  1) the code should
be obvious.  2) the code should be obviously correct.   A third goal,
almost as important as the first two, is:  3) the simplest thing that
could possibly work.

Although I try not to engage in discussions about whether or not some
lines of code are 'elegant', 'readability' and 'self-documenting' are
very high/important to me, and your routine is clearly superior to
mine. I will test your version and update SVN.

I will confess that I didn't give much thought to that specific
routine, since it is just a 'test routine' (note the leading
underscore on the name. :-)  I tend to think/write in C, and then
translate to JAL. Sometimes I forget to use some of JAL's cool
features in the process.  Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Thank you,

William

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to