Seb and Rob,

I do have a couple of 'Blink-the-CAN' ( couldn't resist the pun,
sorry ) test programs that I was wanting to check in, I was thinking
of putting them under 'test', but I see now that you'd prefer them in
the 'sample' directory.  But I also see the 'project' directory.
Hmmm.

Another question--  I want to start a 'higher-level' CAN protocol
library.  I see the 'protocol' directory.  Presumably that would be
the place for a 'canopen.jal' library?

Thank you,

William


On Aug 25, 3:56 am, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> > I think JSG does not enforce it, but all libraries (should) have at
> > least one sample program to show its use and to prove that it works.
> > Could you provide a sample program?  It is also used to check if library
> > and sample compile without errors or warnings.
>
> Rigth, JSG states nothing about this, but my recipe for building packages ()
> does:
>
> """
> All jal files must follow these rules:
>
>   1. it must pass the JSG validator
>   2. it must compile against the jallib repository, without any warnings
> (and errors...)
>   3. if the file is a library, there must be at least one sample, available
> for at least one target chip
>
> """
>
> Maybe we could add bullet 3. to JSG.
>
> > > Next up is a CAN module for the external MCP2515 controller.  It is
> > > an SPI slave, but I figure it should go under 'external', in a new
> > > directory named 'can' ?
>
> > In general: when a library uses a peripheral module of the PIC it should
> > go into directory peripheral.  The external library is for external
> > devices which are controlled 'directly' (without the use of any special
> > module of the PIC).
>
> So for this MCP2515 controller, it should go into "external/can" directory
> as suggested by William, right ?
>
> Cheers,
> Seb
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to