Greetings,

While I appreciate the interest, I feel I must urge for caution --
please, let us wait until people come along with real projects and who
have a real commitment to testing before we try to provide a universal
library.

In my experience, unless the code is tested, tested, tested, there are
almost certainly bugs in there somewhere.  This has been true in my 30
years programming on a myriad of different systems and programming
languages.

So, I really do urge an 'organic' approach -- we keep the library as
simple as possible, for as long as possible.  When someone comes along
with a real need for something better, or at least has the resources
to test their revisions, then we 'grow' the library, and re-factor all
of the other libraries, samples, etc that make use of it.

If I need to rename the library, or withdraw it, that is fine, but I
hate to see it morph into a big, untested, buggy library.

I may be over-reacting. I'll ponder it some.   And if folks step up
with real SPI hardware that could be used to test a fancier library,
and with an assortment of different picmicros, 16F and 18F, that would
help.

William

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to