Sorry william, I did not mean anything bad by my comment. William did
make a very good original init routine for 16F pic's for mode 0,0

"buggy" was the wrong term to use, it simply needs upgrading.

As you know, I have not been around here as long as everyone else, so
please excuse my mistakes.

Matt.

On Sep 1, 9:14 am, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
> 2009/9/1 mattschinkel <[email protected]>:
>
>
>
> > William, I would consider your original init routine to be "buggy"
> > since it will not work with 18f chips.
>
> First of all, I don't agree. A bug means that the program works
> differently as designed and obviously, William wrote this library to
> work with (some?) 16f chips. It is good to 'extend the functionality'
> for this lib to work with more (and ultimately all) pics. But that's
> not bugfixing.
>
> Second, the remark does not appear to be too kind to William and I
> don't see why.
> Also in my experience, there are always bugs in software and those
> bugs surface in unforseen (hence untested) situations. So what he
> states can be concidered as a fact, and hence not blamed to anybody.
> This fact has to be taken into concideration when you want to refactor
> a library and, for example, want to provide a universal interface. I
> don't know if I share his verdict - this depends on the knowledge on
> SPI periperals and SPI standards. With in depth knowledge you could go
> for the top-down approach. Without it, concider William's suggestion.
>
> Joep
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to