Matt,

Thanks for testing!  But did you notice the 'nice' constants I added
for use in calling the function, like SPI_MODE_00 ?

William


On Sep 3, 8:07 am, mattschinkel <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks william, I have tested mode 1,1 on 16f877,16f877a,18f452 and it
> works great. Good work!
>
> spi_init(0b11,1) -- mode 1,1, clock = Fosc/16
>
> I was able to test rates fosc/16 & fosc /64, the others do not work,
> they may be to fast for my breadboard
>
> I think the note: "-- TODO: only tested in Master mode 00" can be
> removed
>
> and some other notes could be added, such as:
>
> small explanation of the modes. sample edge, etc. to make it easy for
> new users of this lib.
> explanation of the rates
>
> I can make something up if you like.
>
> later on, I may like a spi_mode_switch() procedure, as I may have more
> then one device connected to the pic's spi port using different modes.
>
> Matt.
>
> On Sep 2, 8:24 pm, William <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Matt,
>
> > Please note the updated spi library, and please test on your hardware
> > and report back your results. I hope this will be a good fit for you.
>
> > Thank you to the i2c folks for providing a scheme to handle the 18F
> > parts.
>
> > William
>
> > On Sep 2, 5:05 pm, mattschinkel <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > lets just stick to something simple for now to have a decent (maybe
> > > not perfect) lib
>
> > > if target_cpu == PIC_14 then...
>
> > > On Sep 2, 11:15 am, William <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > Hi Rob,
>
> > > > If I understand what you're saying, you basically agree that the
> > > > 'right' place for such aliasing is in the 18F device files, to provide
> > > > a sort of 'legacy' MSSP mode.
>
> > > > I don't think I want to get into such deep waters just yet.  I suspect
> > > > if I procrastinate, you won't be able to resist doing it yourself. :-)
>
> > > > William
>
> > > > On Sep 2, 4:38 am, Rob Hamerling <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > > Hi William,
>
> > > > > William wrote:
> > > > > > The more I think about it, perhaps the best place to truly 'resolve'
> > > > > > the issues is in the device files themselves -- there is already A/D
> > > > > > stuff and PORT I/O stuff, why not some aliases to help with MSSP
> > > > > > issues?
>
> > > > > > Time to sleep on that one...
>
> > > > > In my view the aliases for registers as done in some libraries are 
> > > > > sort
> > > > > of temporary fixes (or 'tricks'). For example in pwm_hardware.jal the
> > > > > ECCPxCON registers are aliased as CCPxCON. So Extended CCP modules are
> > > > > handled as classic CCP modules and thus those libraries support only a
> > > > > subset of the possibilities of the extended CCP modules. That is fine
> > > > > for 'simple' PWM work, and good that simple PWM can be used with
> > > > > extended CCP modules.
> > > > > However these libs do not support the 'extended' PWM facilities.
> > > > > Eventually an epwm_hardware library might be needed.
>
> > > > > Now back to MSSP: You'll have to make a design for the restructuring 
> > > > > of
> > > > > device files w.r.t. the MSSP modules (register names and/or aliases).
> > > > > That may cause you headaches, but also bring you everlasting fame!
> > > > > Looking forward!
>
> > > > > Regards, Rob.
>
> > > > > --
> > > > > Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)-Hidequotedtext -
>
> > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to