Hi Rob,

I added the aliases as per Matt's request, so hopefully he will answer
your questions and do some testing as well.  I'm surprised if he
didn't provide a sample of 18F SD card already?

I have no way of knowing whether a particular 18F chip is 100%
compatible, or has errata, etc.

As to the aliases that I added -- I simply cut and pasted the aliases
from the hardware i2c library.

Yes, I had rather modest goals of the library -- a single SPI master.
I did consider the fact that some chips might have multiple SPI
masters but I decided to keep this library simple.  Later on someone
can write a fancy library and we can remove this one, or rename it.

If someone tries to use this spi_master_hw.jal libary with a chip that
doesn't actually have SPI hardware, they will get a compile-time error
-- that is a good thing I think.

William


On Sep 6, 5:09 am, Rob Hamerling <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> William wrote:
> > I went ahead and move the constants up like you suggested, and added
> > some http links to some docs on SPI.
>
> I'm ready to 'migrate' your aliases to the device files.
> I'll take spi_master_hw.jal as example for the alias declarations.
> But before I begin, I have some questions/remarks.
>
> 1. Is the only purpose of these aliases to be able to use the (only or
> first) SSP module of an 18F as midrange SSP module? And are the SSP
> modules of the 18Fs 100% compatible?  Are there other considerations?
>
> 2. Are the aliases in spi_master_hw.jal all that are needed and are
> these all needed?  When the SSP modules of the 18Fs have registers or
> subfields which are not present in a midrange SSP module then it is
> useless to declare an alias.
>
> 3. You do realize that only one SSP module can be used this way (ic
> SSP1). This should be mentioned in the docs/comments.
> I suppose a library which will support two (or more) SSP modules will
> use the SSP<number>... names.
>
> 4. The code in spi_master_hw.jal assumes that when the name SSPCON is
> not defined SSP1CON will be defined.  I think there are no PICs with
> only SSP2 module, but there are PICs without SSP1 module (although you
> may argue that it is stupid to select a PIC without SSP modules for
> spi_master_hw.jal).
>
> Regards, Rob.
>
> --
> Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to