Stephen,

> 2.  Declare you depedency on the framework as an extension jar
dependency.
>     The current avalon-framework.jar (Avalon current CVS build)
includes
>     this.  If the jar files created by James include extension
depedencies
>     your can get more rigerouse about version control.
>
> On this package it appears that there are several depedencies to other
> excalibur package ut they are not documeted in the manifest.  I'll
post
> this ias an issue over on Avalon-Dev.

Has there been any progress on updating the jar dependencies.  I'm
having a rough time figuring out the situation because i) there is so
much traffic on the Avalon-dev list and ii) the automated builds don't
appear to be working.  Any update you could provide would be great.
Thanks.

> >>  (c) elimination of structural dependencies on Phoenix (Block and
> >>Block context
> >>      usage).  This would eliminate the Phoenix jar dependency and
is
> >>relatively
> >>      easy to do.  It would enable the deployment of James in more
> >>application
> >>      scenarios (embedded, part of web-service), etc. - while
> >>maintaining your
> >>      ability to deploy under Phoenix where appropriate.

A patch that addresses this was just submitted to the list for
discussion.

--Peter