I would propose Apache Forrest instead...
The site would be updated automatically from CVS for you, and is
completely skinnable.

Here is the last manually updated Forrest site:
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/

Here is the hourly updated from CVS Forrest site:
http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/

The Avalon site is done by a Forrest subsystem:
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/

Danny Angus wrote:
> Ok,
>
> The next question is should we use Maven to build the site..?
> I have used Maven to build a sample of the James site (didn't config all the
> developers) in my home dir, without changing any of the source of the docs,
> what do we think?
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~danny/
>

> d.
>

>>Danny Angus wrote:
>>
>>>Let me clarify..
>>>
>>>I think we should remove ant binaries from cvs, I'm totally cool with
>>>modifying & keeping the script, then "ant" or "build" will do the thing.
>>

> --

             - verba volant, scripta manent -