Jason Gilbert wrote:

> I would assume that anotherURL is in fact a url that refers back
> to the exact same hostname that your servlet is running on.

Yes, anotherURL goes sth. like this:
http://hostxxx.company1.com:8080/servletzone1/anotherServlet

> > The two bugs come from essentially the same problem, that is "cooki management" and
> > different bahavious of browsers in treating cookies in a redirection case, and we
>
> What's your bug or did I just miss something?

The bug is that: Netscape 4.x can not get any data from
http://hostxxx.company1.com:8080/servletzone1/anotherServlet.  The reason why is cannot
get any response back from anotherServlet is that anotherServlet needs the session
information which is embeded in a cookie, and that cookie is not sent back to
anotherServlet by Netscape4.x after the redirection.

Other browser clients such as IE4, and lynx all work just fine.

Hope I have made it a bit clearer than before now.

regards,

-shaoping zhou

--
Metaphase Technology Group | voice: (651) 482-2966
4201 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills, MN 55126