On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Shaoping Zhou wrote:

> Yes, anotherURL goes sth. like this:
> http://hostxxx.company1.com:8080/servletzone1/anotherServlet

So what's the URL of the servlet doing the redirection?

I think I understand and if I do then I'm doing exactly what you
say does not work using Netscape 4.08.  However, it does have the
small change that I made to not add the session cookie to the
redirected URL query string if it's using cookies.  This did not
work when it was adding the session to the query string.  Well it
would work the first time you accessed it but reloading on a page
w/ the session in the query string would put me in an endless
loop of trying to get the session setup.  must be something with
having an invalide session requested???

Anyways, in order for it to work you must be accessing servlets
in the same zone.

http://hostname:8080/zone/thisServlet
http://hostname:8080/zone/redirectedServlet

If the servlets are in different zones it's not going to work at
all since I believe the available sessions are separated across
zones.  This was the other part of my first message.

Jason Gilbert | http://www.scott.net/~jason/