BTW, quoting Marcelo Ochoa (the developer behind the Oracle/Lucene
implementation) the three minimal features a transactional DB should support
for Lucene integration are:

  1) The ability to define new functions (e.g. lcontains() lscore) which
would allow to bind queries to lucene and obtain document/row scores
  2) An API that would allow DML intercepts, like  Oracle's ODCI.
  3) The ability to extend and/or implement new types of "domain" indexes
that the engine's query evaluation and execution/optimization planner can
use efficiently.

Thanks Marcelo.

-- Joaquin