Thanks Mike.

A quick follow up question.  What's the status of
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1313?  Can this work be applied
to Lucene 2.4.1 and still get it's benefit or are there other dependency /
issues with it that prevents us from doing so?

If anyone else knows, I welcome your input.

-- George