Whoops - should read: It should still work *without* 1483 but would be much slower in those cases (reloading the filter/fieldcache per reader rather than per segment).

Mark Miller wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it didnt depend on a couple other little issues - Jason or Mike would probably have to tell you that.

It does count a bit on LUCENE-1483 if you want to use it with FieldCaches or cached Filters though. It would still work with 1483, but would be much slower in those cases.

- Mark

George Aroush wrote:
Thanks Mike.

A quick follow up question.  What's the status of
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1313? Can this work be applied to Lucene 2.4.1 and still get it's benefit or are there other dependency /
issues with it that prevents us from doing so?

If anyone else knows, I welcome your input.

-- George

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com