From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 3:21 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: "back_compat" folders in tags when I SVN update

: Why do I see \java\tags\lucene_*_back_compat_tests_2009*\ directories
(well
: over 100 so far) when I SVN update?

Are you saying you have "http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/";
checked out in it's entirety?

That seems ... problematic.  New tags/branches could be created at anytime
-- it's even possibly to have Hudson autotag every build if we wanted.
Server side these tags are essentially "free" but if you checkout at the
top level you pay the price of local storage on update.

I would rethink your checkout strategy.

-Hoss