In my opinion, the back-compat tags are not really needed. The checkout
command for test-tag should simply use a revision number to checkout.
Whenever you commit something in the backwards branch, you set the revision
number in common-build.xml and you are done. No need for a extra tag, for me
this was always not clear, why we need tags.

What do others think? I could change the build script to do this.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de