DM I think ICU is great. But currently we use JFlex and you can run Java 10
if you want, but as long as JFlex is compiled w/ Java 1.4, that's what
you'll get. Luckily Uwe and Robert recently bumped it up to Java 1.5. Such a
change should be clearly documented in CHANGES so people are aware of this,
and at least until they figure out what they want to do with it, they should
take the pre-3.1 analyzers (assuming that's the next release w/ JFlex 1.5
tokenizers) and use them.

Alternatively, we can think of writing an ICU analyzer/tokenizer, but we're
still using JFlex, so I don't know how much control we have on that ...

Shai