At 08:45 10/29/99 -0600, Adam Carheden wrote:
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/plaf/metal/MetalTheme
>       at uci.uml.Main.main(Main.java:74)

note that NoClassDefFoundError is not the same as ClassNotFound error.
NoClassDefFound means that something this class needs was not found,
it could be a class, a dll/so, a native resource like a DISPLAY envvar,
a remote resource like a database connection... all kinds of fun varients :)

>also checked swing.jar and .../MetalTheme.class is there.

ah, but the support stuff isn't. If you're going to use swing.jar and
want PLAF support then you also need another jar (plaf.jar ??) I just
use swingall.jar and get it over with. Sure wish Sun had documented
that better.... -=Chris

  cabbey at home dot net <*> http://members.home.net/cabbey
           I want a binary interface to the brain!
Today's opto-mechanical digital interfaces are just too slow!