On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Lachlan O'Dea wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 06:07:39PM -0600, Joi Ellis wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Jacob Nikom wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I started to use jikes and like it very much. So I started to wonder,
> > > what are the disadvantages to use jikes instead of javac (SUN or
> > > Blackdown)? What not to use only jikes?
> >
> > Besides the fact that it generates a binary that runs on only one
> > platform?
>
> I think you're confusing jikes with gcj. Jikes produces class files.

Ah, Okay.  When I've seen jikes mentioned elsewhere, it's been during
discussions of compilers that create only windows binaries.  So, I've
not even looked at it.

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson