I am tring to print charts in Java 1.6 on Windows and getting poor results
(blurry images) There seems to be no way to force rasterization to be done
in the printer rather than by Java, even sun.java2d.print.pipeline=pdl has
no effect. I could not find an authoritative list of which features of
Java2D must be avoided so that the rasterizer will not be called; I only
know that, e.g., alpha color is one of them. So, where can I find a list?

Furthermore it seems this decision reflects late 1990s thinking re. the
capabilities and speed of some printers. Isn't it time to revisit?

Regards,

-- O.L.