> And it makes no sense for Java 2D printing to implement only a subset of our
> own API.

When rendering onto a target (i.e., a printer driver) that makes it
inordinately
difficult to support certain features and forces drastic trade-offs, I think it
could make sense.

> I don't see that as  desirable or truly useful and its obviously completely
> non-standard.

But blurry rasters are not useful either and it _is_ standard behaviour for
software acting on markup or page descriptors to skip unprocessable
instructions.

-- O.L.