I love what bits I have seen of JavaFX that have worked well. I am
with Joe - the key is now the experience for end users (including me)
on all the browsers: firstly, does everyone have it? if not, how quick/
idiot proof is it to be up and running. I still noticed too many of
the demos were asking me to "trust" them (and using certs my system
didn't really recognise). So its not FX itself (which is 110% awesome)
but everything else.

Which brings us back to the modularity issue... (as I am guessing
modularising the VM itself will help with the above somewhat.