> You say you're seeing a lot: what does joe the average do with them?

Email, browsing, yellow-pages, stocks, currencies, TV-guide etc., much
the same as I see for the iPhone (but don't see for Nokia's). You
raise an interesting aspect though, of the few J2ME applications I
have run into in the wild, exactly as you mention have all been silly
little games for teenagers that came with the phone such as not to
appear empty. But that doesn't strike me as a particular convincing
definition of popularity.

Perhaps I'm wrong and there's a thriving multi-million $ marked with
lots of companies, developers and applications - but if there are, I
just haven't noticed in spite of having a Nokia the last 10+ years.
Perhaps we should resume this thread in 6-12 months, when it's
possible to talk installation count and usage cap. because I think
this is a dead end. :)

/Casper