Bill,

Apologies if I took Reinier's comment (quoted below) out of context - but he
did say "even 'jigsaw fanboys' " ...  I interpreted this as acknowledging
that there are "Jigsaw fans" that's all. I certainly didn't mean to imply
that everyone posting to the list was a fan.

>2) Where is it written that jigsaw will not support runtime
>separation? I've heard time and time again that jigsaw offers a way to
>ESCAPE doing that (by way of the local dependencies mechanism), which
>suggests that by default jigsaw will use classloader-based tricks, or
>repackaging, to let you do runtime separation. However, this
>discussion seems focussed on the idea that jigsaw can't do this. Where
>is this written? I know, I know - jigsaw lacks specs, and we all (even
>the 'jigsaw fanboys') are very annoyed at that, but there's
>nevertheless quite a bit of info out there. If this information is NOT
>out there, I think we're jumping the gun.

What I was trying to say (risking another screw up ;-) is that I can
understand why people like Project Jigsaw.  It is completely understandable
why Project Jigsaw has its supporters. Its goals are good goals, but as
Reinier has also said, it's hard to figure out what is really going on with
the project, and in particular how it will or will not relate to what OSGi
is.

Eric