It does make me think that I have the technology to do video
conferencing with other people on my computer and it was a novelty
when it was new but these days, the majority of the the time, being
able to see the other person doesn't add a whole lot to the
experience. If it is someone you already see regularly then especially
so. It can be good to be able to see people who live far away and whom
you have not seen in a long time but other than that I wonder if Apple
might be over estimating the social demand for video conferencing.
People will use it when it is a new feature, definitely. Once the
novelty has worn off I don't know if people will find video calling a
feature which they just cannot live without.