On 14/07/10 19:16, Moandji Ezana wrote:
The thing I find most useful about Hibernate is that when you have a lot of tables of inter-related data, it really alleviates the pain of having to think about what data you need to load for each possible workflow.
Not if you care about scalability, in which case you really need to know what you want to fetch and how all your caching layers work (although the caching as such can be a good feature to have). Particularly if you reach the same object from different contexts with different requirements, thinking about eager and lazy fetching can get rather complicated.

Has anyone used LINQ? Does that make working with SQL nice enough to do away with an ORM?

I still haven't tried LINQ -- I must admit that I treated Windows solely as a gaming platform for the last two years. I might learn some .NET on my new job.

  Peter